Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The poetry of rock...

Here I am at work doing crap like this (not to complain, but honestly):

%macro tranResp (inset=, outset=, outnum1=, outtxt1=, finout=);
data &outset.;
set &inset.;
/* build question ID */
length qid $32. sortkey $15.;
if (questiontype = 'multi' or questiontype = 'rank')
then qid = compress("q"put(gl_qid, 8.0)"_"put(answerDisplaySequence, 3.0));
else qid = compress("q"put(gl_qid, 8.0));

The one saving grace about working at a computer is you can listen to music all day. As I was listening to some just now I heard something cool, which I feel aptly describes our condition as sinners.

It goes like this:

"More than words, you keep to yourself.
Like a curse that fares thee well.
One man came. One truth to tell.
All this blame. Hammers your way to hell.
I've got a feeling It's not the safest place to start."

That's from a band called Mae, the song is called "Someone Else's Arms" -- don't be fooled by the title, I don't think they are talking about ladies, I believe they are talking about the arms of Christ.

I just thought that was pretty cool.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a SAS guy?!?! Ever thought about contract work? Can you drop me an email at hdroogendyk @ gmail.com, I'd love to hear what you're doing and what kinds of aspirations you have in the software side of things.

Harry

1:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice thought, but I guarantee it's about a lady. And they're not a Christian as they'd seem to be. But that's what's nice about music, is you can take it however you wish.

7:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home